1. By submitting a story in the Contest, you affirm and attest that the story is an original work owned and created by you and may be published freely without compensation to any third party. If there are any joint authors, you further affirm and attest that the joint author(s) have consented to submitting the story to Choose Your Reader, LLC. If submitting an illustration, you affirm and attest that you are the original creator of the illustration without reliance on any underlying source material that aided in the actual creation of the illustration (e.g., tracing, altering photographic images, etc.).
2. After submitting your story or illustration to Choose Your Reader, you retain all rights to your story, unless and until such submission is selected for publication on the Choose Your Reader app.
3. All materials must be submitted in pdf or jpg format. No links to stories or other content are permitted.
4. Choose Your Reader, LLC is the sole judge of the content and will determine a winner in its sole and absolute discretion. Submission of your content waives, and Choose Your Reader explicitly disclaims, any representations and/or warranties in connection with the Contest.
5. Submission of your story, if selected as the Grand Prize Winner, grants Choose Your Reader, LLC (a) a license to publish the story on the Choose Your Reader mobile application, including any iteration thereof and (b) to publicize your name and likeness, and details of the story submitted, as the Grand Prize Winner.
6. Choose Your Reader, LLC may provide third parties access to your story for independent review and judging to assess the quality and suitability of the story without notice to you.
7. Stories must be submitted by June 30, 2020 at 11:59PM CT. Choose Your Reader, LLC will endeavor to announce the Grand Prize Winner on or about July 15, 2020. Any failure by Choose Your Reader, LLC to announce a Grand Prize shall not establish any claim by you or any liability for Choose Your Reader.
8. If your story is selected as a Finalist, you will be provided Choose Your Reader, LLC’s then-current License Agreement. To be announced as a Finalist, you must accept all the terms of the License Agreement.
9. Any dispute as to any submission to Choose Your Reader, LLC shall occur in state or federal court in and for Dallas County, Texas and all activities associated with any submission to Choose Your Reader, LLC are performable in Dallas County, Texas. Texas law shall apply in all such cases, without regard to choice of law principles.
By submitting the attached materials to Choose Your Reader, LLC, you agree to the above terms.